Meet Our MakersThe “Meet Our Makers” video series showcases Our Kakaako’s makers, whose passions are building a community.
Our Kakaako WiFiNow WiFi access is for everyone. Our Kaka'ako WiFi is one of the biggest, fastest, free public WiFi networks in Hawaii.
Our CommunityMeet the visionary businesses, innovative restaurants and unconventional non-profits that are building this creative community from the ground up.
Master PlanCentrally located along Ala Moana Boulevard and minutes from downtown Honolulu, Our Kakaako is building a community from the ground up on the foundation of our arts and culture visionaries.
Our Kakaako is your KakaakoTake part in the revitalization of a special place. Watch it change. Watch it evolve. Watch it develop into Hawaii’s most unique and talked about neighborhood.
recent blog posts
- MEET OUR MAKERS: Geoff Seideman, Honolulu Beerworks 04-Oct-2014
- MEET OUR MAKERS: Matt and Roxanne Ortiz, Wooden Wave 03-Oct-2014
upcoming eventsVIEW ALL EVENTS
Our Kaka'ako is Kamehameha Schools' new, nine-block urban neighborhood. It’s a mixed-use community for living, entertaining, dining and playing. It’s a place that features local businesses and entrepreneurs, startups and unique events for a diverse community of residents and visitors.
Our Kaka'ako will provide 2,750 housing units, 550 of which will be reserved for workforce housing. Six residential towers will be built, each wrapped with lower-height residential townhomes and apartments as well as commercial space on the ground floor.
The Our Kaka'ako community is currently in year 5 of a 15-year redevelopment. The first project to be completed was a 54-unit loft style adaptive reuse affordable housing project known as Six Eighty. The next project to break ground is SALT—a retail project along Auahi, Coral and Keawe streets—that will be completed by the end of 2015.
Sign-up for our email newsletter to stay updated on development announcements from Kamehameha Schools and our guest developers.
Honolulu's hot new culinary destination: Kaka'ako
Enter Kaka'ako, the cool new eco culinary, design and residential district about 15 minutes...
- Hawaii: Pow! Kaka'ako packs a punch Kaka'ako is off the usual tourist trail... 4.22.14
- Urban Aloha Just northeast of Waikiki lies Kakaako, a neighborhood that... 4.22.14
- Raise your glasses in Hawaii's capital When you fly to Hawaii, you are probably not expecting much in the way of sophisticated drinks... 4.23.14
- Explore the Hip Side of Honolulu Check out the city's emerging design and fashion scenes at the Honolulu Night Market. 4.17.14