Our Kakaako WiFiNow WiFi access is for everyone. Our Kaka'ako WiFi is one of the biggest, fastest, free public WiFi networks in Hawaii.
Our CommunityMeet the visionary businesses, innovative restaurants and unconventional non-profits that are building this creative community from the ground up.
Master PlanCentrally located along Ala Moana Boulevard and minutes from downtown Honolulu, Our Kakaako is building a community from the ground up on the foundation of our arts and culture visionaries.
Our Kakaako is your KakaakoTake part in the revitalization of a special place. Watch it change. Watch it evolve. Watch it develop into Hawaii’s most unique and talked about neighborhood.
recent blog posts
upcoming eventsVIEW ALL EVENTS
Our Kaka'ako is Kamehameha Schools' new, nine-block urban neighborhood. It’s a mixed-use community for living, entertaining, dining and playing. It’s a place that features local businesses and entrepreneurs, startups and unique events for a diverse community of residents and visitors.
Our Kaka'ako will provide 2,750 housing units, 550 of which will be reserved for workforce housing. Six residential towers will be built, each wrapped with lower-height residential townhomes and apartments as well as commercial space on the ground floor.
The Our Kaka'ako community is currently in year 5 of a 15-year redevelopment. The first project to be completed was a 54-unit loft style adaptive reuse affordable housing project known as Six Eighty. The next project to break ground is SALT—a retail project along Auahi, Coral and Keawe streets—that will be completed by the end of 2015.
Sign-up for our email newsletter to stay updated on development announcements from Kamehameha Schools and our guest developers.
- New Kakaako Tower Plan Relatively Unopposed Developers proposing a condominium tower largely surrounded by midrise town homes... 3.20.14
- Kamehameha Schools to Begin Construction on Salt Kamehameha Schools will begin construction later this month on its 76,000-square-foot retail... 3.17.14
- Castle & Cooke, Kamehameha Schools to add 183 workforce housing units in Kakaako Castle & Cooke Homes Hawaii and Kamehameha Schools officially unveiled their respective mixed-use residential projects in Kakaako... 2.26.14
- Kakaako Rental Plans Advance Kamehameha Schools has lined up a developer for a planned apartment building in Kakaako adjacent to a previously announced 40-story... Feb. 07,2014
- Taro takes root in Kakaako as urban farm efforts kick off Despite its location along a busy thoroughfare in Kakaako, most people passed by the forlorn, grassy strip.... Jan. 14, 2014